WHAT INFORMATION CHUCKJOE COLLECTS FROM YOU
ChuckJoe may collect two (2) types of information about you: Personal and NonPersonal.
- “Personal Information.” Personal Information refers to information that lets ChuckJoe know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact or locate you (e.g. name, mailing address, telephone number and email address). ChuckJoe may collect Personal Information when you use the ChuckJoe Properties including, without limitation, setting up account information, filling out surveys, corresponding with ChuckJoe, or otherwise volunteering information about yourself.
- “NonPersonal Information.” NonPersonal Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g. demographic information or website visitations). ChuckJoe may collect NonPersonal Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below.
HOW CHUCKJOE COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
The Personal Information practices set forth apply to all ChuckJoes’ customers worldwide.
- Registration. Prior to using one or more of the ChuckJoe Properties, ChuckJoe may require certain Personal Information and NonPersonal Information to create an individual account (“Account”) or to enable features or functionality of the ChuckJoe Properties.
Failure to provide all information required by ChuckJoe may prevent access to any or all ChuckJoe Properties, and failure to maintain accurate information may result in suspension or termination of access to any or all ChuckJoe Properties.
- Information Collected Through Technology. While you are able to visit the ChuckJoe Site and remain anonymous, ChuckJoe or its third party service providers may still collect Non-Personal Information about your use of the ChuckJoe Properties (e.g. your Internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your Internet service provider). Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
(a) Cookies. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive which work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the ChuckJoe Site. Cookies do not generally contain any Personal Information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the ChuckJoe Properties unavailable to you.
(b) IP Address. You may visit many areas of the ChuckJoe Site anonymously without the need to become a registered User. Even in such cases, ChuckJoe may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin Services with an Internet services provider. Each time you access the ChuckJoe Site and each time you request one of ChuckJoe’s pages, the server logs your IP address.
(c) Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and emails. ChuckJoe may use these technical methods in HTML emails that ChuckJoe sends to Users to determine whether they have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information.
(d) Tracking Content Usage. If you use the ChuckJoe Services and you post audio visual materials including, without limitation, text, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, videos, advertisements, sound and other related intellectual property contained in such materials (collectively, “Content”) to your website or to a third party website, ChuckJoe tracks and captures Non-Personal Information associated with User accounts and the use of Content.
HOW CHUCKJOE USES YOUR INFORMATION
- System Administration. ChuckJoe may use Non-Personal Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with ChuckJoe servers, monitoring ChuckJoe’s system performance and traffic on the ChuckJoe Properties and to gather broad demographic information about ChuckJoe’s customers.
- Notices to Registered Users. If you have registered for an Account, ChuckJoe may use your Personal Information to send emails regarding your registration, including confirmation to verify the accuracy of any information you have provided, and instructions on how to post Content. ChuckJoe may also send you emails to verify your identity or to notify you if ChuckJoe believes your use of ChuckJoe Properties violates any applicable agreement for the use of the ChuckJoe Properties.
- Advertising. ChuckJoe may use NonPersonal Information to assist in optimizing the delivery of advertisements to viewers of your Content.
- Promotional Emails. ChuckJoe may use your Personal Information to send you emails periodically listing promotions or events relating to the ChuckJoe Properties or from ChuckJoe’s marketing partners or sponsors. You have the choice to optout of receiving such promotional emails by sending an email to email@example.com and/or following the instructions in such correspondence.
Once ChuckJoe has processed your optout request, ChuckJoe will not send you promotional emails unless you opt back in to receiving such communications.
- Contact Information. If you contact ChuckJoe by telephone, email or letter, ChuckJoe may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. If you report a problem with the ChuckJoe Properties, ChuckJoe may collect this information in a file specific to you.
You may contact ChuckJoe at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from ChuckJoe’s database.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, ChuckJoe shall allow Users to update or correct Personal Information previously submitted, but only to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Additionally, upon request, ChuckJoe shall delete Personal Information from the database where such information is stored; however, it may be impossible to entirely delete a User’s entry without some residual information being retained due to the manner in which data backups are maintained. Requests to delete Personal Information shall be submitted to email@example.com.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Without your affirmative consent (and on a casebycase basis), ChuckJoe does not sell, trade or rent Personal Information collected through the ChuckJoe Properties to any third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ChuckJoe shall: (1) fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies; and (2) may be required to disclose Personal Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation.
You should understand that information you provide through the registration process or post to the public areas of the ChuckJoe Properties, including your “User Profile” or generally through the use of ChuckJoe Properties (including your name (if provided) and location information) may be accessible by and made public through syndication programs and by search engines, metasearch tools, crawlers, metacrawlers and other similar programs, and may be searchable by other users of the ChuckJoe Properties.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Security Measures. ChuckJoe takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of: (a) ChuckJoe’s data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where ChuckJoe stores Personal Information. All ChuckJoe employees, contractors and agents who access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution or unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information.
- Third Party Links. The ChuckJoe Properties may contain links to third parties who may collect Personal Information and NonPersonal Information directly from you. Additionally, ChuckJoe may use third parties to provide components of the ChuckJoe Properties. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of ChuckJoe. ChuckJoe: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
INTERNATIONAL USERS AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the ChuckJoe Properties or your submission of any Personally Identifiable Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
ChuckJoe may sell, divest, transfer, assign, share or otherwise engage in a transaction that involves, some or all of our assets, including any or all of the information described in this Policy, in the course of a corporate divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any other similar transaction or proceeding.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES